Account Live is a one-stop place for all the Microsoft products and services users to control and manage their subscriptions. By creating an account at account.live.com, you can check order history, change or delete your payment details, cancel or renew your subscription, and do everything else associated with your subscriptions.
In case, if you forget your account password at any time, then the only way left to access the same is by resetting its password. Before you reset Account Live password, try out the following:
- Check for the typo– Passwords are case-sensitive, which means if you type “A” instead of “a”, then it will show you an error. Similarly, if you accidentally type an incorrect alphabet, number, or special character, then you won’t be able to access your account.
- Check the saved password- If you have previously saved the password of your Account Live in your web browser, but have changed it recently, then remove the password and then try to log in to Account Live.
- Check the username- Usernames can be typed in both small and capital letters; however, typing it wrong will definitely show you an “incorrect username or password” error. Therefore, verify that you have enter a correct username.
How to reset Account Live password?
There are two ways of resetting your Account Live password:
By using your registered email address or phone number
This method is used when you forget your Account Live password, but have access to the email address or phone number associated with your account. For Account Live password reset, follow these instructions:
- Open Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or any other web browser
- Now, type https://account.live.com/password/reset in the web address bar or URL
- Hit the Enter key
- Provide either your registered email address or phone number
- Click Continue, and you will reach the next page
- Here, you will be asked to enter an Account Live password reset code Microsoft has sent you on your email or phone number
- Get the code and paste it correctly in the textbox on the Account Live password reset page
- Continue further and set a strong password for your account
- You will have to enter the new password twice
Now, use your existing email address along with this new password to access Account Live at account.live.com.
By using an alternate email address
In case, if you no longer use the email address or phone number you have used to register with the Microsoft account, then follow the other way of resetting your Account Live password. These are the instructions for the same:
- Visit account.live.com/acsr from any of the web browsers
- Enter your registered email address
- In the next textbox, type any other email address that you want to use for the Account Live password recovery
- In case, if you do not have any other email address, then sign up for a new one with Outlook.com
- Now, provide the captcha code and hit the Enter key
- Check your alternate email for the Account Live password reset code
- Copy the code and paste it at the password reset page
- You can now enter a new password for your Microsoft account
- Type the new password once again to confirm
- Congratulations! You can now use your Microsoft account like before
During the entire password reset process through account.live.com/password/reset or account.live.com/acsr, if you experience any glitch, then feel free to speak to a certified and experienced Microsoft technician. All you have to do is to make a call on the Microsoft customer support number.